Fifteen Authors Who Have Influenced Me from Kimberly Rose Johnson
1. Debbie MacomberHer sweet romance stories and her success inspire me to work harder.
2. Sandra D. BrickerI love the humor in her books. I never considered adding humor to my stories until I was an influencer for her years ago and discovered I love romantic comedy.
3. Colleen CobleNot only does Colleen write fantastic romantic suspense, she is a great teacher. The first class I ever took at an ACFW conference was taught by her.
4. DiAnn MillsShe writes romantic suspense, which I love, but I also enjoy her no-nonsense blog posts for writers.
5. Lynette EasonThe pacing of her books is fast and is a great example of excellent romantic suspense. I used to aspire to be a romantic suspense writer, so I sought out exceptional romantic suspense.
6. Dee HendersonI love her books. She hooked me with her O’Malley series before I ever thought about writing. Her writing style influenced me the most in my early years of writing.
7. Margaret DaleyI aspire to be like Margaret when it comes to writing. She writes both sweet romance and romantic suspense.
8. Susan SleemanI first discovered Susan when she was looking for influencers. I was not yet published. Since that time I’ve watched how she interacts with her influencer group and tried to learn from her example.
9. Jordyn RedwoodI simply enjoy reading her books.
10. Melissa TaggI discovered Melissa when she put out a notice on Twitter that she was looking for influencers. I love her books and have learned from her regarding influencer groups AKA street teams.
11. Rachel HauckRachel’s books grab me and hold me. I’ve taken a couple of her classes at conferences and they are always excellent.
12. Melody CarlsonI’ve been reading Melody’s books long before I ever thought of writing. Next to Dee Henderson, I’d say she has been one of the biggest influences on my writing. I also took a class at the Oregon Christian Writers Conference many years ago and found it to be very helpful.
13. Denise HunterAside from enjoying her books, I enjoy watching how she communicates with her fans. I try to learn from observing other writers.
14. Irene HannonI own a lot of books by Irene. It’s my belief that we are influenced by what we read, so I included her in my list.
15. Miralee FerrellShe may not appear to fit with the list above as she doesn’t write in the genre I read, however, I first met Miralee ten years ago, and she has been my writing mentor and critique partner ever since. Of any writer out there, she has probably influenced my writing the most when it comes to writing technique.
About Kimberly Rose Johnson
She especially loves romance and writes contemporary romance that warms the heart and feeds the soul.
Kimberly holds a degree in Behavioral Science, and she is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers.
Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/2b1Obp6
Ah, bless you, Kimberly! How sweet of you to say that. I appreciate you, as well!ReplyDelete
Thanks for visiting, Kimberly and Miralee :)ReplyDelete