Isn't that a beautiful cover?
Anyway, let's find out what inspires Ella. Welcome!
1. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, by Anne BronteAnne Bronte offers a portrait of a mother desperately trying to make the right choice for her son.
I think so!
3. Catherine, Called Birdy, by Karen CushmanAnother book for young readers, this one's a Newbery Award winner. Catherine tells a medieval coming of age tale that never talks down to its audience.
5. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis
My favorite of the Narnia books. Aren't we all a little disappointed that there aren't magical gateways in our wardrobes?
I know my daughter has looked for one.
Most fans of historical romance novels are probably familiar with these two novels. Laura Kinsale remains a titan in the genre. Lisa Kleypas's Devil in Winter makes frequent appearances on many a top ten list for 'best of its kind'. These are secular novels, but the heart of both novels is not love scenes, but the love that forms between characters.
8 and 9. Time Was/Time Changes by Nora Roberts.Roberts, the grand dame of contemporary romance, gets playful by adding a dash of time travel to the plot. These two works are fun, romantic, and great for a day at the beach.
11. The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson BurnettNot a hundred steps away from fondness for Narnia-leading wardrobes. A secret garden seemed nearly as exciting.
This is one of my childhood favourites. I remember the teacher reading it aloud in class when I was about seven years old.
12. 44 Scotland Street, by Alexander McCall Smith:This work is as Scottish as shortbread and Edinburgh fog.
14 Thomas the Rhymer:I love any retelling of the Tam Lin tale, but this one is a particular favorite.
Coriel splits her year between summers at the castle with her high born sister and months in the village with her grandmother. Eventually, of course, she's forced to make a choice—not just about where to live, but about right and wrong.
Thank you so much for the chance to share, Iola!
Thank you, Ella! You can find out more about Ella at her website, or buy A Chance for Moonlight at Amazon.